Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Madrid, Spain

Days 4-5

Spain - home of paella and Conquistadors. We arrived early in the morning on our overnight train from Lisbon. It was my first experience on a sleeper coach, and I must say it was a bit smaller than I expected, but still it was nice to go to sleep and wake up in another city (also they served one of the best steaks that I have tasted!!)


Tammie had managed to score us accomodation Hostal Tijcal (I think its pronounced tickle) just off the Puerta del Sol which was a real hive of activity. We dropped off our bags and began our sightseeing. It is unfortuante that we are on such a tight itinerary and that we could only really spend one night in Madrid, as I am sure it has much more to offer than we experienced.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home